The most wonderful time of the year is upon us, which means it’s time to get your car holiday ready.
1. Make sure your car’s maintenance is up to date. Putting off an oil change isn’t good for your car or the air.
2. Check the essentials for winter driving, including tires, brakes, wiper blades and battery.
3. Keep an emergency kit in your car that includes a flashlight, gloves, a blanket, flares, sand or kitty litter and some high energy snacks.
4. Reduce the hustle and bustle of traffic by sharing rides or taking public transportation.
5. Check tire pressure. When the temperature dips, the pressure in your tires will dip as well. Add air as needed.
6. Check road conditions and closures ahead of time. Plan for breaks during your road trip for fuel and rest.
7. Have a safe, air friendly holiday season!