How You Can Help
Clean Air Tips
Experts have found that poor air quality can trigger asthma attacks. These attacks can send children and adults to the hospital. Poorly maintained vehicles are a major source of air pollution. You can help our community breathe easier by paying more attention to your car's maintenance.
- Keep your vehicle's tires properly inflated.
- Regular maintenance and tune-ups can improve gas mileage, extend your car's life and increase its resale value.
- Save gas and protect the air by changing your vehicle's oil and air filter regularly.
- Your vehicle's "Check Engine" light lets you know about a possible mechanical problem. A proper diagnosis and repair can help the air and save you money in the long run.
- Refuel during the evenings or early in the morning when the air is cool.
- Stop at the "click." Topping off your tank releases gas fumes into the air and cancels the benefits of the pump's anti-pollution devices.
- Tighten your gas cap until it clicks to keep gas from evaporating. Replace gas caps that don't seal properly.